lilypie

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 18, 2011

The first month

Amazing. That about sums it up.  I had some idea how much my life and identity would shift and change.  my daughter centers me.  When I start to stress, or hormones cause unexpected mood swings, just holding her in my arms instantly brings everything back into perspective.  Her slightest discomfort causes me to hurt.  Her contentment makes me feel happier than I can explain.

I can't believe how much she has changed.  It makes me alittle sad to see those changes, but I'm excited to see how she will develop and grow.  Thrush has been our biggest challenge.  The second round actually caused her pain when she ate.  We're luck to have Dr. Medford!  She is so thorough even when calling in medications for Aery!

One of my favorite things this last month has been watching Derek bond with Aery.  She already has dad wrapped around her little finger.  I love seeing her instant calm when she hears his voice and the way he has embraced being a daddy.  I am so proud and lucky to have such a wonderful family.  I can't wait to spend the next years growing together.  I just wish time wouldn't move quite so fast.  I'm already learning to cherish each moment and appreciate the little things that happen.  Smiles, tears, baths, quiet mornings, time with other family members have made this last month one of the most memorable in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment