lilypie

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 5, 2011

The most amusing memories

Over the last few months, I've realized that the best reactions and comments I've gotten from people about my pregnancy have been from students at school, younger family members, and other friends' kids.  I just have to share/record the best of them here!  (I apologize in advance if i embarrass anyone, but I couldn't resist sharing!)

One of our friends' pre-teen daughters texts me off and on.  One morning a couple of weeks ago, she sent me a text that said "I'm so glad you are getting a baby".  I LOVE it!

When one of my students found out last semester his response was "I thought you were just getting fat!"  I know it sounds bad, but it cracked me up!  He said it more like he was relieved that there was a reason I was getting bigger, not as an insult.

Another student looked at me 2 weeks ago and said "Everyone says you're pregnant.  Are you?" Before I could even get over the "REALLY?!" reaction and respond another young man looks at him and said "NOoooo, the bump on her stomach is a tumor.  What did you think it was?!"  P-R-I-C-E-L-E-S-S!

And now, for one of my favorites!  I posted this week on Facebook that the doctor is still projecting 2-3 weeks until the big day.  My 10-year-old cousin's comment on my status was  "hope it comes out alright and no problems with it".... I laughed so long over that one!  I love how kids express things sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment