lilypie

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Joys of pregnancy....how time flies!

Wow...80 days to go until my due date.  That's kind of a scary thought!  We are officially less than 3 months away.  That number almost made me panic a little!  How will I get everything done?  How can I make sure we are as ready as possible?  It's even scarier that 80 days is just a guess...in reality, it could be even less!  I can't believe it!!!!!

Okay, now that I've taken a moment to breathe and get past the mini-panic attack, I know that I can only do so much to be ready.  I will take one day at a time and try not to focus on how fast time is going by!

On another note, Baby Hyde has introduced me to a new joy in pregnancy.  We think it's great fun to sit on mommy's bladder and kick her in the cervix simultaneously!  SOOOO not fun when you are slightly bent over helping a student when that happens (or any other time for that matter)! Talk about OUCH!  If you've never experienced it, I can't describe it...it's just an experience unlike any other.

I've also got the worst outbreak of fever blisters that I have EVER had!  My lips felt like someone had taken micro-bubble wrap and wrapped it on my lips.  Needless to say, the last day or two has not been much fun.  Thank goodness I can still take Valtrex; it's just the pits taking two 1-gram pills at once!  It seems to be helping though, so I shouldn't complain too much.  I'm going to blame some sort of hormonal pregnancy change on the outbreak.  Usually my fever blisters come on when I am stressed or run down.  No matter what, that has been the worst thing to happen during this pregnancy to date!

 I'm just thankful I only have one class period when I can't as easily go sit down when I need to.  Even that period, if I absolutely have to, I can find things for my students to do that don't require me to be up and moving as much!  I'm also very fortunate to work with teachers who understand that when I sit down and have students come to me, it's not because I'm lazy, it's because I need a break.  I really couldn't ask for better people to work with.  I fit better with my current colleagues than I have at any other school before!

No comments:

Post a Comment