lilypie

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, December 31, 2010

A New Year...

Wow, the last year brought lots of changes, both planned and surprises.  I didn't expect to get back into middle school.  I didn't expect my mom to retire early.  I didn't expect to get to graduate until next December.  I didn't expect to get new and wonderful work friends!  I did plan on having a baby though (thank goodness)!

The prospect of what the new year will bring is definitely exciting and scary at the same time.  2011 will be the most life-changing year I've had so far in my life.  There are a lot of changes I know to expect, and many, many more that I can't even imagine!  As I look to the future, I know I am blessed to have the support of wonderful family and friends.  It will be the most difficult year in some ways, and the most rewarding in so many more.

I am so proud and happy that I get to raise my child with the best husband I could ask for.  He may worry about his ability as a father, but I have faith in him.  I know that he will be wonderful.  He is so full of love that he wants to share with others, that it will overflow into his role as a daddy.

I am excited to share the experience of a new baby with my family.  The support and excitement they already have shared with me makes me even happier to be able to share this new chapter of my life with them.

Even though I did not plan on moving back to middle school.  I know it was a wonderful decision.  I am fortunate to have found a school where I "fit".  My experiences over the last year and half have changed my perspective personally and professionally.  I know how lucky I am to be in a school where I can be happy, even when facing the challenges that current trends in education bring to my profession.  This will be an environment where I can grow professionally while feeling secure in my position and happy to go to work each day.  Things won't be perfect, but they never are.  I do have the support of my co-workers and friends to work through these challenges and face whatever changes will come.

Completing my Master's has been a very fulfilling experience for me.  The goals I set for myself before I started a family were to own a home and finish my degree.  It feels good to know I have accomplished those things, so I can focus on my family more than stresses for the future.

Happy New Year dear family and friends.  I hope the year brings many great things for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment