lilypie

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, December 27, 2010

Wonderful break

I've really enjoyed this Christmas break!  I've been able to spend time with family and friends!  I got some really great things for the baby as Christmas gifts!  Derek and I are on track to get the nursery ready by January, and I've even had time to rest in there!

Nothing hugely exciting has happened.  I missed out on a family friend's wedding due to a need to take it easy for a few days.  I'm sad about that, I have been looking forward to going to their wedding for a while. It would have been nice to catch up with good friends, but my health and the baby's health has  to take priority over everything else right now.

I did get to spend Christmas my favorite way!  We've always celebrated on Christmas Eve in our family.  We fix a favorite family meal (usually homemade enchiladas or bierox...the bierox won out this year thanks to Derek).  Then we open gifts together.  It was nice to spend that time like we always have.  I don't know what new family traditions will start next year or what changes will be made thanks to Baby Hyde.  It was a really great gift for me to spend at least one more Christmas the way I always have.  I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas full of family and friends.  Here's a new year full of surprises and new adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment