Well, the first few phases of redecorating the nursery are finished! We had to empty the room first...(yuck)...Then we decided to pull the trim off that ran around the room halfway up the walls. That was Derek's job. Then we had to patch the uneven line left by the trim and the holes that Derek's shelving system made in the walls. (I could have killed him for those...we're talking holes the size of pennies and bigger!) Next we had to re-texture the walls. That wasn't so bad thanks to my dad's texture sprayer. For never having sprayed texture before, I must admit my hubby did an outstanding job!
We got both coats of base coat on the walls yesterday and this morning. Once again, for never having rolled on paint before, Derek did outstanding! (I'm the one who has painted the walls for any other decorating project that has been undertaken...) I can't wait to see how the sponge effect we are going to try turns out. I think it will really be neat! The over all effect will make it seem like you are under a Caribbean sea with the light filtering down through the water!
I've been informed that I'm not allowed to post pictures or show any family members the room until it is painted and furniture has been built and placed. Not to worry though; we will have it all done before I go back to work on the 3rd. :D